Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Easter week!

 




Yay it's Easter week! These are very simple Easter decorations to make! The bunny was obviously bought, but filling his basket with jelly beans made him the perfect center piece on an Easter table! 

The next is my jellybean topiary! This is definitely time consuming, but very easy. I chose to get pastel jelly beans because I thought they were cuter, but any will work! And then I got a styrofoam topiary shape (Michaels or AC Moore) and just started hot gluing! If you can find a fun candle holder that's a perfect base for your jelly bean tree but not necessary! 

The last is my favorite! I made tiny cracks at the top of the egg and then poured the egg into a bowl. I then rinsed the shells out with vinegar! Don't worry if the top is cracked looking, that adds character! I then found cute egg holders from crate & barrel and set the eggs in there to dry. Lastly, I put a little soil (with a spoon) in the egg half way. Then I stuck a pretty little flower in and filled the rest of the egg up with soil and a few drops of water... And there you go! They were a super cute place setting for each Easter guest! You will be amazed how long they last! Have fun and DIY for Easter this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment